Bernd NOACKDirecteur de Recherche CNRS
CNRS - Université de Poitiers - ENSMA
Département Fluides, Thermique, Combustion
CEAT, 43, rue de l'Aérodrome
F-86036 Poitiers cedex
Professor, Chair of << Flow Modelling and Control>>
Institut für Strömungsmechanik
Technische Universität Braunschweig
Hermann-Blenck-Strasse 37, Room 139
Instructions for CRC 880 visitors:
- Airports: Braunschweig, Hannover or Berlin.
- Train to Braunschweig Hauptbahnhof http://www.bahn.de.
- Bus 436 from Hauptbahnhof to Institute of Fluid Mechanics, direction "Flughafen". The bus stops at "Luftfahrtbundesamt" which is directly at the entrance of the Institute. During daytime, the bus leaves the Hauptbahnhof at "n:26" and "n:56" and takes about 30 minutes. Details: http://www.verkehr-bs.de
- 2015-10 Course "Mathematical Methods of Turbulence Control" with Dr. Richard Semaan at ISM, TU Braunschweig
- 2015-08: Summer school Peyresq
- 2015-08: SIAM CT15 Minisymposium
- 2015-04: Bill George Workshop
- 2015-08: Bayesian Control 2015
- 2013: IFTNC-1 & 2
Born in 1966, I received a degree as diplom physicist from the Georg-August-University, Göttingen, in 1989. I stayed on to receive the physics doctorate in 1992. In the sequel, I had positions at the Max-Planck-Institut für Strömungsforschung, Göttingen, the German Aerospace Center, Göttingen, the Göttingen University, the United Technologies Research Center (East Hartford, CT, USA) and the Berlin Institute of Technology, where I was Professor and Chair of ''Reduced-Order Modelling for Flow Control''. In 2009 I joined the Institute PPRIME, Poitiers, France as Director of Research CNRS. I also became Head of the Senior ANR Chair of Excellence ''Closed-Loop Control of Turbulent Shear Flows using Reduced-Order Models (TUCOROM)'' and Professor and Chair of "Flow Modeling and Control" at TU Braunschweig, Germany.
- 2007 Adopted member of William K. George Clan originating from Leonhard Euler
- 1992 Dissertation of Bernd R. Noack under Helmut Eckelmann
- 1970 Dissertation of Helmut Eckelmann (Born 12.05.1936 in Göttingen) under Hans Reichardt
- 1928 Dissertation of Hans Reichardt (Born 1.03.1901 in Hannover, died 26.11.1977 in Göttingen). Worked under Ludwig Prandtl
- 1900 Dissertation of Ludwig Prandtl (Born 4.02.1875 in Freising, died 15.08.1953 in Göttingen) under August Otto Föppl
- 1874 Graduation of August Otto Föppl (1) (2) (Born 1854 in Groß-Umstadt, Hessen, died 1924 in Ammerland) under Christian Otto Mohr
- 1855? Diplom of Christian Otto Mohr (Born 8.10.1835 in Wesselburen, died 2.10.1918 in Dresden) at the Hannover Polytechnical Institute. Mohr did not write a PhD thesis.