Bernd NOACKResearch Director CNRS, LIMSI-CNRS, France
Professor, TU Braunschweig, Germany
Visiting faculty, PPRIME, France
Fellow of the American Physical Society
Born in 1966, I received a degree as diplom physicist from the Georg-August-University, Göttingen, in 1989. I stayed on to receive the physics doctorate in 1992. In the sequel, I had positions at the Max-Planck-Institut für Strömungsforschung, Göttingen, the German Aerospace Center, Göttingen, the Göttingen University, the United Technologies Research Center (East Hartford, CT, USA) and the Berlin Institute of Technology, where I was Professor and Chair of ''Reduced-Order Modelling for Flow Control''. In 2009 I joined the Institute PPRIME, Poitiers, France as Director of Research CNRS. I also became Head of the Senior ANR Chair of Excellence ''Closed-Loop Control of Turbulent Shear Flows using Reduced-Order Models (TUCOROM)'' and Professor and Chair of "Flow Modeling and Control" at TU Braunschweig, Germany.
- 2007 Adopted member of William K. George Clan originating from Leonhard Euler
- 1992 Dissertation of Bernd R. Noack under Helmut Eckelmann
- 1970 Dissertation of Helmut Eckelmann (Born 12.05.1936 in Göttingen) under Hans Reichardt
- 1928 Dissertation of Hans Reichardt (Born 1.03.1901 in Hannover, died 26.11.1977 in Göttingen). Worked under Ludwig Prandtl
- 1900 Dissertation of Ludwig Prandtl (Born 4.02.1875 in Freising, died 15.08.1953 in Göttingen) under August Otto Föppl
- 1874 Graduation of August Otto Föppl (1) (2) (Born 1854 in Groß-Umstadt, Hessen, died 1924 in Ammerland) under Christian Otto Mohr
- 1855? Diplom of Christian Otto Mohr (Born 8.10.1835 in Wesselburen, died 2.10.1918 in Dresden) at the Hannover Polytechnical Institute. Mohr did not write a PhD thesis.