Workshop on Turbulence Dynamics and Control honoring Professor Helmut Eckelmann's 80th Birthday
26 August 2016
Max-Planck-Institut für Dynamik und Selbstorganisation (MPIDS), Am Fassberg 17, 37077 Göttingen, Germany, Seminar Room 0.79, access through the foyer of MPIDS building.
Tour through the Max-Planck-Institut
- 09:22-9:39 Bus line 23 from central railroad station to Fassberg.
- 10:00 Tour through MPIDS by Holger Nobach
- 12:00 Joint lunch in the cantine
- 13:30 Welcome by organizers
- 13:40 James M WALLACE (U Maryland): Quadrant Analysis in Turbulent Flow Research: History and Evolution
- 14:00 Stephan WEISS (Göttingen): Heat Transport in Turbulent Thermal Convection
- 14:20 Detlev GERICH (Wismar): Flows associated with a Helmet.
- 14:40 Holger EISENLOHR (Erlangen): Modern Gas Turbines: Fluid Machines at their Finest (plenary talk, 30min)
- 15:10 --- coffee break ---
- 15:30 Michael KOENIG (Hamburg): Large Transport Aircraft: Airworthiness Specifications and their Adaptations, Current Examples
- 15:50 Bernd R. NOACK (Paris-Saclay, Braunschweig): Machine Learning Control - The Expressway of Taming Turbulence
- 16:10 Frank JACOBITZ (San Diego): Orientation of Flow Structures in Turbulent Shear Flows
- 16:30 Martin BREDE (Rostock): Seals do it, bugs do it. How animals tweak the flow to survive.
- 16:50 Uwe FEY (Göttingen): Title TBA
- 17:10 Christian KLEIN (Göttingen): Application of Pressure- and Temperature Sensitive Paints in Fluid Mechanics